Apple recently announced the release of its next-generation iPad Pro. The powerful tablet is equipped with an advanced M2 processor for exceptional performance and versatility. The new device is slated to be in stores beginning on October 26th and can be ordered online today.
The combination of power, performance, and portability enables the iPad Pro to serve as a user’s primary device. Let’s look at some of the features that set this tablet apart from the competition.
Features of the M2 iPad Pro
Following are some of the main features that Apple is offering in its M2 iPad Pro.
- ⚙️ Powerful M2 processor – The M2 chip is powerful enough for the most demanding workflows. The M2 features an 8-core CPU and a 10-core GPU for 15% better general performance and 35% faster graphics performance. M2 chips feature a 16-core Neural Engine capable of processing over 15 trillion operations per second for machine learning tasks. The processor also supports the media engine allowing video content to be created, edited, and published from a single device.
- ✏️ Apple Pencil hover experience – Users with a 2nd generation Apple Pencil have a new way to interact with their iPads. The pencil is detected up to 12mm above the display and lets users see a preview of their mark before making it. Enhanced precision is provided when sketching and illustrating. Using the Apple Pencil for any task is facilitated with this new iPad Pro feature.
- 📶 Fast wireless connectivity – The new iPad Pro supports WiFi 6E that provides download speeds of up to 2.4 GB/S. Support is also available for more 5G networks, enabling mobile users to communicate more efficiently.
- 🧰 Full support for the features of iPadOS 16 – Apple is also releasing iPadOS 16 which is full of new features for compatible tablets. Some of the most impressive features are only available on iPads running M1 or M2 chips. These include Stage Manger which enables true multitasking on an iPad. Desktop-class applications can take advantage of the improved display capabilities of the iPad Pro to offer advanced features such as customizable toolbars.
- 🌿 Environmental progress – New iPads are using 100% recycled gold for circuit board plating and fiber-based packaging instead of plastic.
These new futures make the M2 iPad Pro a great choice for users searching for a powerful and versatile tablet.